Twelve years ago, before the age of the smart phone, I visited Berlin at the start of my adventure spanning three European countries. I was younger then, and less experienced at travelling, and with a friend in tow, we had a tendency to get lost. Now I was returning to run the Berlin Marathon as the first part of a railway journey around Germany in a time when a global pandemic is at the forefront of everyone's minds. How would it affect this adventure, and what would be different?
The full photo album for this trip can be found on Flickr.
- Trip Planning
- Day 1 - The Beginning
- Day 2 - Marathon Expo and the Wall
- Day 3 - BMW Berlin Marathon 2021
- Day 4 - Dresden
- Day 5 - Colditz and Leipzig
- Day 6 - Munich
- Day 7 - Legacy of Ludwig II
- Day 8 - Into the Eagles Nest
- Day 9 - Rothenburg ob der Tauber
- Day 10 - Frankfurt and Trier
- Day 11 - Cologne
- Day 12 - Hamburg