I've dreamt of visiting Petra since I'd learnt the place I'd seen watching Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade was a real place, and located in Jordan. It wasn't used as Petra in the film, but was the location of the lost Holy Grail, guarded by an ancient Knight of the Temple of Soloman. I knew one day I wanted to return to Egypt to see what I'd missed and thought a few days extra to visit Petra could bolt onto that. So far though, I've not made it back to Egypt, but I did get an opportunity to spend some time in Jordan which would create a completely different adventure to the one I'd imagined.
- Trip Planning
- Day 1 - Leicester to Amman
- Day 2 - Cave of the Seven Sleepers
- Day 3 - Holy Mosaics, Moses!
- Day 4 - Petra and The Dead Sea
- Day 5 - Changing Tours
- Day 6 - Greening the Desert Day 1
- Day 7 - Greening the Desert Day 2
- Day 8 - Return to Petra
- Day 9 - Wadi Rum
- Day 10 - Jordan Impact Marathon
- Day 11 - Back in Amman
- Day 12 - Ancient History
- Day 13 - Flying Home